• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Primary Fuel Filter

kdaniels

My most recent purchase of a M923A2 has no primary fuel filter. It has a little inline filter before the primer button and the final filter on the engine block. It's a Air Force truck from Tinker AFB. Just wondering if this was a common mod for the air dales ?

SEMPER FI !!

Keith

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There should be a big cannister on the left front inner fenderwell area by the air intake tube coming off the air filter. Maybe someone took it out and bypassed it. It probably needs to be there it is a fuel filter and water separator

chadande

This is the large fuel filter in the drivers wheelwell (black can). From here it goes up to the small spin on filter on the engine block. Just changed mine last month and it was full of crap and rust.
This is not present on your truck?

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the A2's have the big fuel filter under the left finder and some do not.
I think there was a MWO to put the bigger filter back on the A2's. had a lot of
trouble with the little inline filter over in sand land.
If you just have the little inline just carry a spare and you should be fine.
You can always back flush the inline filter if you have trouble on the road.

kdaniels

Roger that on a spare inline filter. I didnt know if the Air Force guys took them off or what kinda mod they were doing. My M923 has the primary but this A2 does not..so i was wondering if this was a common feature on AF trucks. Seem kinda foolish to me to remove it but i didnt design the thing. Thanks Again for the input.

SEMPER FI...

Keith

kdaniels

The cannister is COMPLETELY missing....and has been for some time as there no indication (paint marks) that it was ever there to start with. I'll post a pic of the inline this weekend. I'm trying to determine if this could be tied in with what seems to be a transmission issue and could reallybe a fuel issue...I.E. Injector pump with some trash in it.

Truck runs well...but mashing the pedal to the floor it does nothing but a VERY slow roll and then moves out ok. So i'm trouble shooting every thing that could cause this issue....fuel delivery is in question right now.

SEMPER FI !!

keith

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My M927 is a Harsco truck with the 8.3 Cummins in it. It has no big filter either just the spin on and a small in-line filter between it and the injector pump. Be glad the big filter is gone......filters to fit it cost a war pension.