• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No rear taillights help

jut

Hi all new here. Just got a 86’ and the rear taillight harness was missing. I had a harness from a 77 k20 that I thought I would use but the wiring is confusing me. The truck harness has 2 browns, 2 dark greens, 1 lite green and 1 yellow. My question is what’s the extra wires for? If I hook up the one brown and yellow and put the left turn signal on I get side marker and running lights both come on but no flashing. They are also lite very dim. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Barrman

Welcome to the fun. At the top of the page there is a tab labeled "TM". Open that tab then click on the very first thread called "TM's for the CUCV." Then open the one that ends in -20. Appendix F of that manual is a complete very detailed wiring diagram for the entire truck.

The CUCV wiring for the lights is just a little bit different than the civilian because of the black out light system when the years are the same. You taking a glass fuse wiring system and putting it on a blade fuse truck could be part of the problem. That same -20 manual has a great electrical troubleshooting section that will also talk you through everything.

jut

Welcome to the fun. At the top of the page there is a tab labeled "TM". Open that tab then click on the very first thread called "TM's for the CUCV." Then open the one that ends in -20. Appendix F of that manual is a complete very detailed wiring diagram for the entire truck.

The CUCV wiring for the lights is just a little bit different than the civilian because of the black out light system when the years are the same. You taking a glass fuse wiring system and putting it on a blade fuse truck could be part of the problem. That same -20 manual has a great electrical troubleshooting section that will also talk you through everything.

I see the brown/w and dark green/w are for the black out lights. That’s a start I can eliminate those 2 wires. Thanks for the help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks