• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No RH turn signal

Dave 52804

So I get into my 1028 yesterday to take a trip. and I notice the RH turn signal doesn't blink. The LH worked fine, so I thought the bulb was just burned out. Went to auto store and got some new bulbs. After moving the battery tray to get to the socket I removed the old bulb and found the problem. There was a little metal prong broken off inside the socket. I assume this is some sort of ground? Well, I tried to put the prong back in, but the signal still won't blink (just stays lit up) and the light goes out completely when the head lights are on. Can you buy a replacement socket? The guy at the auto store suggested going to a junkyard and doing a cut and splice job. I don't know if I can get my hands in there to do that. Any other thoughts here? Thanks!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a bad ground. Only fix is to replace the socket. New or used is your choice.

When you replace it use some butt splices and some shrink tubing to seal the connection.

Dave 52804

Thanks for the reply Warthog. Is this job best done from inside the hood, or can I remove the light frame and the lens assembly and do from the front of the grill?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will either have to pull the front battery tray or remove the grill assembly. Neither one is hard, just time consuming.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the grille assembly. Very easy and no battery to remove. Once you have the new one in fill the plug with Dielectric grease to keep moisture out. (plug as in the electrical connection for the wires not the bulb socket)

But if he removes the battery, he will hopefully clean the battery connections and make sure everything is tight.....;-)

Dave 52804

Got it fixed! Got the replacement plug from Autozone. Went in from the grill, the plug looks a little cheap (China) but everything works as it should. Thx for the help guys[thumbzup]!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks