• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No service lights, no turn signal, or horn

kjasdaddy

I have a 86 M1028 and I dont have any lights, turn signals, brake lights, or horn. I do have dash lights and the truck will start and run. The fuses are good but some dont have power to the fuse. Is there a fuseable link between the battery and the fuse box that would only supply power to these items?:cry:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yep, #1 issue with turning on CUCV lights is Operator Headspace and Timing. You have 3 switches that must be positioned correctly. The operators manual is the best place to go.

If the switches are set correctly and you still don't have lights, then we need to hear about it to make recommendations.

Rustmaster

I just had an issue also similar to yours. Jumped in the pig, yanked the switch and the only thing that worked was the head lights. The first fix was easy I pushed the switch back in and didn't say anything.
Second fix was about as easy, after checking all the switches were in the proper spot, I got my tork driver and checked all the bulbs and sure enough the first one I pulled out was the tail/brake/turn 1157. The two elements were smoked and were touching each other, causing the weirdness. I replaced all the bulbs and BAM, I fixed it.

acmunro

kjasdaddy did you ever get this problem resolved, or does anyone else have any Ideas ?
I have the same problem. The truck acts as if the blackout light switch is in the off position. I did pop out the blackout light switch and it seems to check out ok with my tester. The headlights were on and just all of a sudden everything went dark. Thanks Al