• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No sound when shifting?

Sand

I just bought a 1987 M998. Its been a while since I've driven one. The transmission (3 speed) doesn't sound like it shifts. Is that normal?

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
They can shift smooth as silk. No clunk or whip lash between gears. If everything working nice a strong . Down shift (passing WOT) can be noticed and then a hard shift lock-up is noticed. You'll be rocking and moving out at 42.36 MPH on to sub sonic 57.2 MPH maybe more down hill. 🏎 🚀

Bet YA didn't know HumV was NASA's in the running for a launch vehicle, CAMO

Last edited:

Sand

They can shift smooth as silk. No clunk or whip lash between gears. If everything working nice a strong down shift (passing WOT) can be noticed and then a hard shift lock-up is noticed. You'll be rocking and moving out at 42.36 MPH on to sub sonic 57.2 MPH maybe more down hill. 🏎 🚀

Bet YA didn't know HumV was NASA's in the running for a launch vehicle, CAMO
Thanks for the info. I don’t have a tach so I was hoping I wasn’t about to blow the engine up.