• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Start, Electrical click

My 84 m1008 has an electrical gremlin. Truck was driving fine, went to start it to go to work the next day. Key in on position wait light and buzzer come on. Gave it 7 seconds from my manual glow plug button and turned the key to start the truck and CLICK. Nothing. Voltmeter drops from 24 to dead, all lights go out, and only my light bar wired directly into the front battery for 12v works.
If i disconect the negative from the front battery then reconnect, power is restored. Wait light comes on...click same story.
I went through and inspected the fusible links and replaced any that looked bad although all still had continuity throughout. Not really sure where to go from here. ive read thread and have been thinking about doing dogheads mod but not sure if that would help me here. Any thoughts or suggestions on where to go from here?

cleaned all my junction conections with a wire dremel tool and then polished them up. Then I replaced all the wire leads to the batteries. cleaned the posts and got new insulative caps all around. Connected everything up and viola! My voltmeter fuse blew (10 amp bottom of fuse box) but i replaced it and all is good other than guage reading on the high side of greem now. I did rotate my batteries, but both should be good, less than 8 months old. Many thanks for the help. Always a great group of people here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks