• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no start

IMA944T

truck has been starting wierd lately. Sometime button pished and only clicking sound heard. After sitting awhile I can retry and it cranks. Now it has failed completely. Normally this would indicate start seleniod. Check voltage to starter and it's 24 volts and appox 22 volts to start button wire side of seleniod when button is pushed. No voltage to armature though. Has anybody had any luck with removing seleniod and cleaning and repostioning the contacts in it???

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a similar issue. I replaced the starter. Word of advice... have a friend help. Those b*sta*rds are HEAVY!

I put a strap around mine while unbolting and had friend hold up on it till loose, then we both lowered to the ground.

Good luck.

IMA944T

That what I Did. I put a strap between the seleniod and starter and then lifted it up and out. Shgould have to replace complete starter. Should be able to replace just the selenoid. Old style seleniods we used to be able to remove and dissassemble and reclock the contacts to be able to make them work again.

IMA944T

Found out that seleniod were alot of trouble finding alone. Starter needed new one and that was it. Nobody wanted to sell just starter seleniod and the price for used or new starters were $400.00 to $550.00. Found a place here in OKLAHOMA CITY that sells new
AC DELCO starter cheap. 1 year warranty, all new and better design that OEM. Wanted to stay with OEM color and design but the price was right and the people were great.
New starter was $200.00 core charge $40.00 gasket $2.11 tax $20.00 Total $262.39
Anybody need one see Oil Field Igntion Parts Co.
200 N. Classen
Okc, Ok 73106
Phone # 405-235-1579 or 1-800-365-3522
The guy at the counter was extremly helpful and great to deal with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks