• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No title HMMWV

papakb

BTW, the serial number plate on the body is worthless because it's rivetted on and most of the auto auction HMMWVs had them removed and then one was handed to the buyer. There was no effort made to insure the plate given was the original. A lot of the USMC trucks had the data plate rivetted to the left rear fender.

The number that lives with the truck from birth is the one stamped into the top of the A pillar, in front of the windshield. This number stays with the truck throughout it's life unless some major work is done to change out that whole assembly. With it you can track the vehicle from the day it came off the assembly line until it left the military.

Kurt

Arizona is the WORST state to try and title anything. I titled mine in VA using a rebuilt VIN# (like a custom built chopper or hotrod). I am not saying run away like most here, just be carefull. I have seen some legimitate 1993's for sale. Mine is titled as a 1984, with a 1993 body and 2001 drivetrain (6.5 TD, 4L80e and 24 bolt rims/tires all OEM military).

spicergear

I'd put PA against AZ. :) Heck, even NY is easier than PA.

I'd look into it anyway. If the VIN comes back okay then it's just the hassle of paperwork. Big deal...you'll get through it and have a cool ride at the end.

Scrap: funny post!