• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No title

premacpmc

Got another Duece with no title, I found the frame numbers 0525 13891 but there is no id plate. Looks like the engine was rebuilt in 6 / 86 I'm guessing it's a Jeep kaiser. Any help would be appreciated! I need the 17 digit vin #

Thanks Mike:deadhorse:

jimm1009

Look for the registration number under the hood or on the doors and you will have everything that you need to find it's origin. :beer:

jimm1009

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got another Duece with no title, I found the frame numbers 0525 13891 but there is no id plate. Looks like the engine was rebuilt in 6 / 86 I'm guessing it's a Jeep kaiser. Any help would be appreciated! I need the 17 digit vin #

Thanks Mike:deadhorse:
You need to post your VIN in this thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/45889-2010-vin-info-thread.html

Where did you buy the truck? GL? GSA? Individual? Why didn't they have a SF-97 or title?

Without a title you will likely need to use a title service. ~$450 if they are still doing them.

http://www.its-titles.com/
http://www.broadwaytitle.com

Last edited:

premacpmc

I traded scrap aluminum and steel for it, it was in the back of a scrap yard in Canon City Colorado. Towed it home put batteries in it and filled up oil and antifreeze and she started right up. Drives out perfect , shifts good and stops, just need to paint tan. There is no title for it he hauled it in for scrap.They use to use it to haul fertilizer and weed killer on it. I have a friend who's Dad lives in Michigan who said he can get me a title for about $200.00 he just needs the vin number and make.

Thanks for the help!
Mike

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I traded scrap aluminum and steel for it, it was in the back of a scrap yard in Canon City Colorado. Towed it home put batteries in it and filled up oil and antifreeze and she started right up. Drives out perfect , shifts good and stops, just need to paint tan. There is no title for it he hauled it in for scrap.They use to use it to haul fertilizer and weed killer on it. I have a friend who's Dad lives in Michigan who said he can get me a title for about $200.00 he just needs the vin number and make.

Thanks for the help!
Mike
If it has already been titled, then that is another story. There are multple was of doing it. In Okla you can do a mechanics/storage lean (Title 42) and get a title in 6-8wks for very little scratch. CO many have something simular. You could file for a lost title or go the Title Service route.

The VIN that you posted is the complete VIN. If it was an Army truck then CARNAC can get you a year and the manufactures Cage Code. Depending upon the year it will be either a Kaiser-Jeep, General or AM General (the VIN leads me to think it is an '71ish JKasier or General)

Crash_AF

Hey Mike,
I've got a friend in the towing business who might do a storage lien on it for you for ~$200. PM me if you're interested so we can work out details.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks