• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No trans dipstick

jmmay82

There is no trans dipstick on my 1096 m1009 and there is no spot to go where one would usually go. Is this supposed to be like this or did it get cannabalized at the gl yard it does not leak fluid and there is no open hole but the coolant lines

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trans dipstick should be on the right (passenger side) of the engine next to the fire wall. My stick broke and I picked up a Turbo 350 stick from the local speed shop. The stick is the exact same but I don't know about the tube (and it's chrome which makes it hard to read).

If the tube is gone and it's not leaking then it stand to reason that you don't have much or any fluid. The tube goes into the top of a lip above the pan so you might have to feel around for it. It's also on the right side of the transmission.

Last edited:

HAWKMAN

Someone may have put a capplug in the dipstick hole and that's why it's not leaking,BUT I would get a tube and stick ASAP as it's VERY important to have the correct level of fluid in your trans:-D

hobie237

There's supposed to be one there, it must have gotten cannibalized. No biggie, though, it's a regular, off the shelf part that should be in any junkyard for not much money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks