• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No turn or stop lights

liljohn

Ok, posted about this a while back and thought it might be the multiswitch. Took that apart, cleaned it and reassembled. Just got it back in the deuce aaaaannnndd.....

Still no turn signals or stop lights. aua

Any further suggestions?

All other lights seem to be working fine.

Would a busted turn signal unit keep the brake lights from working as well?

CGarbee

Yes, the brake lights do run through the turn signal switch on the steering column. I've found that the contacts in them tend to get corroded so you need to check it next/as well...
Good luck.

liljohn

Checked the turn switch and everything LOOKS ok, but will probably pull it and take it back home with me this weekend - left the contact cleaner back home.

I really need to get myself and my deuce in the same location (even same STATE would be handy! lol). Though if I can get the brake and turn signals working, that may just be happening in a few months.... *fingers crossed*

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
In my experience, check that the area where the clamp holding the turn signal lever meets the steering column is free of corrosion. Also, loosen the bolts holding the lights in place and retighten them (or do this the right way, an remove the lights and make sure the bolts and the lamp housing contact points are free of corrosion).

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

rizzo

on bolts you could use those star washers. i think they use those to make ground contacts thorough paint and grime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks