• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noisy fuel feed

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got the new M932A2, I noticed where the tank selector valve assy is, it makes a rather loud ticking noise...when I grab the lines under the cab that is where it is coming from...my 931A2 does not....I noticed that the noise seems to come and go....more come then go.
anyone seen this on any of there trucks?

if I rotate the selector to the other tank it goes away half way though the turn and then starts back up....

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Maybe you hear the fuel return at idle and when you switch tanks it goes to the other tank. The pump is always pumping when the engine is running it returns unused fuel to the tank.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Valve is noisy regardless of what tank is selected....the lines pulsate...but so do my m931.... Just no noise...it's quite audible...if,not for that, the 8.3 just purrs.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Yes you hear the fuel return. The fuel pump is still pumping it returns unused fuel to the tank you can hear it on some trucks more than others. It is less noticeable with a fuller fuel tank.