• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non-Dropside + little $ = Dropside

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
:ditto:

I hate opening and shuting the tailgate. I love not having to side pallets in from the rear. Hence the love/hate.

Most dropsides are missing the troop seat braces. Without the braces, it is almost impossible to close the tailgate with people sitting in the seats. It's also dangerous because the sides can drop with the people in them.
What are these braces you speak of? I have people ride on mine a lot, I'de hate to dump them out.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got one half of a original brace. I've been planning on using it for a pattern and making me a couple.

The troop seats still can't fall as long as the front latches are secure but it's just another safety measure. It also stiffens up the sides when the tailgate is down.

A

A/C Cages

Most dropsides are missing the troop seat braces. Without the braces, it is almost impossible to close the tailgate with people sitting in the seats. It's also dangerous because the sides can drop with the people in them.[/QUOTE]

Whats the problem with that? Its called ejection seats. A quick easy way to get the people out of the back of your truck. lol