• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non-opening windshields?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I saw this truck on FB today and it has what I have been looking for: non-opening windshields.
What are these? "Stock" or fab'd?
I've got a glass guy if anyone knows if it's just a seal or if it's a completely different frame.
Thanks!
You could buy yourself a piece of sheetmetal to replace the hinged windows. Full width and across the center support. Then seal with silicon or something similar to guarantee no water. The sheetmetal fabricator could cut the window holes for you. Or if you are hard core enough with a jig saw and a metal cutting blade, you cut the window holes with about an inch an a half of space all the way around for the rubber seal. TrimLoc is a brand name.

Any car/truck window cutter could cut Safety Glass for you. Best plan would be for you to take the sheetmetal to the glass company to cut the RIGHT SIZE piece of glass... Who knows. They might even be willing to install the glass in the metal before you install the sheetmetal.

Rounded like the sample will keep you from breaking the glass... A piece of quarter inch rope will install the seal. The locking tab is installed with a tool and that firms up the window (gasket) seal.

1675975882674.png 1675975750223.png

Search Trim Lok window installation on YouTube to see how it is done.
Same as the back window on a pickup truck.

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw this truck on FB today and it has what I have been looking for: non-opening windshields.
What are these? "Stock" or fab'd?
I've got a glass guy if anyone knows if it's just a seal or if it's a completely different frame.
Thanks!
I know the fellow who owns that truck. He said it was built by Memphis equipment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks