• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non-running for 7yrs deuce resurrected---running.

icecreamman

PO thought old diesel was the problem with it not starting and I saw him put 5gals of gas in the tank with about ten gallons of old diesel in the tank trying to get it to start for the sale. The fuel is clean, Its up to the bottom of the strainer and I can see the bottom of the tank.

After removing and cleaning the fuel shut-off rod, she starts like a deuce should. She blows a lot of black smoke when I get into it. Runs great but rolls coal. The fdc is not bypassed but "diesel only" is marked on the fuel tank. Its an Army truck rebuilt in '86 .

The exhaust smells like an old Ford with a stuck choke.

Hunter2506

I'd dump the tank and put fresh diesel in, maybe even some seafoam.
Not a bad idea, but unless it grows fungus, diesel doesn't go bad like gasoline. I've had two year old gas be bad enough that an engine wouldn't run on it, but 7, 8+ year old diesel that burned fine.

Personally, if it's running OK, I'd just throw a couple additives in and use it up.