• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non-snorkle and fender cutting cold air intake

AJMBLAZER

Pieced this together with the help of a friend of mine over on CK5.

One 80's Chevy core support air baffle, a little disassembling, one removed knock out, a early-mid 90's Dodge Dakota V6/V8 air intake tube, and two hose clamps...whalla pseudo factory cold air intake.

I haven't driven it on the road yet but my friend said it was good for a bit more pep on his M1009.

I'd disconnect it if I was going into anything deep...but I don't plan on it so eh, this should suit my purposes just fine. 8)

Oh, and the front battery I'm going to rotate it so it's parallel to the rear battery. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to run it in the stock orientation.

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

You can find a baffle like that in the junkyard on a 80's Chevy truck. They changed the core support somewhere around 81 or so. I got mine from a guy over on www.ColoradoK5.com . Traded him the 70's era one I had for a 80's era one he had.

As to how it sounds...no clue as the truck hasn't left the garage since June. Hopefully I'll know soon though. I doubt it will sound much louder as all it does is direct the air in from outside of the engine bay. Not like it's an open element under the hood or it's sucking air in from the cab or anything.

AJMBLAZER

Okay, drove it a few times now. A bit more of an increase in throttle response. Huge improvement? Nope. Worth the time and $10 I spent on it? Yes. Not sure on gas mileage as this tank of diesel is from May still.

Had to clearance the hood a bit but nothing a 3-lb sledge wouldn't fix. Next time I'm definitely going with a smaller battery than the Group 31. That would have made this MUCH easier but I wasn't thinking about doing this when I bought these new in May.