• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non split rims for a Deuce?

JasonS

There are also 22.5" truck rims used on medium duty ford trucks but the single hand hole looks a bit funny.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I want to buy that and put hydraulics on it. I can just see it now, rolling into Haspin with the three wheel motion!

Heck, I already mastered the two wheel motion!

They see me rollin, they hate-in, cause I'm white and nerdy.

deathrowdave

22.5 wheels are out there . The ones on mine look the same as 20's. You can get 22.5 tires at any truck repair shop. I run 11R/22.5 radial waste hauler tread . They work great tubeless tires also.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just wondering if there are one piece rims for the 2.5 ton?

Thanks

First off welcome to SteelSoldiers. Nice to see another person join in on the green disease. :) As far as your question about rims it all depends on what your plans are. Since this is your first and only post at the moment and you have yet to post an intro that tells us what truck(s) you have along with your plans for it/them it's kind of hard to give you a direct answer. So I will try to cover several possible routes and maybe one of them will answer what you want to know.

If you are looking for one piece 20 inch rims to use the stock NDT's on then the answer would be no.

If you are looking for a possible rim to upgrade to that is one piece yet will let you keep the dual tires on the rear for a near stock appearance then that would be the 22.5 rims that others have mentioned. Accuride sells a 22.5 rim that has the same number of holes in it as the current 20 inch rim. The down side is they cost something like $250 (according to another SS member from a thread a couple weeks ago about the 22.5 rims). If price is an issue check with some semi truck junk yards in your area as there are several civilian trucks that used them. But if you want a really stock looking appearance tire wise then you might not want 22.5's as no one makes NDT tires for them. If you don't mind a more civilian tread then take a look at the tread of the Goodyear G177's. I have some Wingfoot retreads on my semi truck with the same pattern and when we drove through the Canadian Rockies in a massive snow storm they worked great and I never had to chain up.

Last option is are you looking for a 20 inch rim that is wider then stock to use with larger and wider 20 inch tires like the 14.00x20 or 16.00x20? If so then no, there is no one piece 20 inch rim for those either. But if it's wider tires you want you can either go with 2 piece rims for the M35A3 or HEMTT 2 piece rims with an adaptor plate. While they're not a one piece the nice features with the 2 piece rims are that they bolt together (i.e. you can change a tire easier without any special tools and they don't have the potentially deadly split ring) and they have a rubber o-ring between the two halves so you don't need to use a tube with them.

Hope this helps. If not please let us know what kind of tire you want to be able to use and maybe some one can give you a better answer.

Ruppster

andybritt2002

the A3 2 piece wheels are nice if you can find them. I think ive heard some of these have beadlocks and some do not. I own 10 of these and all have beadlocks. mktopside serviced one of his tires and had the beadlock in his as well. You can service the tires yourself without having to take them to a shop. But just like everything else on these trucks, working on it will make ya sore :grin: Its just a pain in the arse sometimes to take them apart. It would be helpful to have a 3/4 drive or better impact gun for the bolts around the rim. If you need any info or pics of installing/breaking apart the rims PM me I have some.

Last edited:
I don't know if I would like to fix a tire on the road with that style rim. A3 rims unbolt and have a o-ring, but a rim that requires a machine to mount and dismount the tires doesn't fit my thought of a good combo for a deuce.2cents

andybritt2002

I don't know if I would like to fix a tire on the road with that style rim. A3 rims unbolt and have a o-ring, but a rim that requires a machine to mount and dismount the tires doesn't fit my thought of a good combo for a deuce.2cents
yeah technically the A3 rims you can service yourself but good luck with minimal tools on the side of the road :beer: those bolts that hold it together are TIGHT, probably more than the lug nuts. (atleast mine were, my 1" impact thats 1450ft/lbs max had to hammer a little to bust them loose) if the tire/rim combo has any age on it, its probably "stuck" itself inside the tire too. used a engine hoist/crane that has a 2ton capacity set all the way in to the 2ton position. Put the "V" of the hoist over the tire, reach down and lift with a chain through the rim to seperate. It started to buckle the square tube on the lifting arm :shock: AND I was going slow with lots of soapy/water hitting it with a sledge everytime I put a little more tension on. Both are a PITA if you ask me. Just one is safer and less chances of getting hurt. When I mounted them to the A3 rims, the bead does look a little funny on the rims but it works.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks