• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non-US Military Vehicles: Canadian Issue

ColdWarCanada

How about adding a Canadian Issue section to the Non-US Military area. I have a Bombardier Iltis 1/4 ton jeep that I would like to make some posts on. The Canadian Bombardier Iltis were manufactured in Canada during 1985/86 when Canada purchased the license from VW. There were about 2,200 vehicles made in Canada, and there are currently (best guess) about 400 licensed on the road in Canada.

Currently it is possible to import the German Iltis into the USA, as they are over 25 years old. I am sure when the Canadian Iltis is 25 years old, there will be considerable interest in this vehicle.

Cheers!

Stuart
http://www.royalsignals.org.uk/photos/Stuart.htm

Mike_Pop

The Iltis is a great little vehicle. Very quick and fun to drive. I had an opportunity to drive one at Northwest Mogfest in 2006.

Let's see a section for other European military vehicles too! (British, French, etc.)

gijo

Did you know there is an iltis amb being sold at winchester auto auction on Saturday June 19th 2010 , 9:00 am ! they say it is one of the nicest jeeps the army has released. Winchesters ph # is 613-774-7000

PorscheTech911

I love these Iltis! I am trying to get one off a friend, but may have to search for one from Germany. I think it's a great idea to have another forum for these. I want to learn everything I can about those amazing Europa Jeeps!

m109guy

Did you know there is an iltis amb being sold at winchester auto auction on Saturday June 19th 2010 , 9:00 am ! they say it is one of the nicest jeeps the army has released. Winchesters ph # is 613-774-7000
lol. Yeah it is your iltis that you sent to auction. The iltis that you could never sell.

Hope you put a reserve on it. Likely going cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks