• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob M105 trailer

trevsduc

I had posted a message about 12x16.5 tires. Thanks for all the replies on my questions. I bought two new tires here in Minneapolis through Royal tire. I have a lot of experience with truck tires some good mostly a pain however. I thought the tires on my trailer looked a little shady at best so I left it with the previous owner until I could return with new rims and tires for the 70 mile trip on the freeway.

I have another question however. I used to work on semi tractors and trailers so doing wheel seals and bearings are no big deal. I have not found out if these hubs are an oil bath or grease. I wanted to check them before I take it out. Does anyone know?

M101A Trailer.jpg

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had posted a message about 12x16.5 tires. Thanks for all the replies on my questions. I bought two new tires here in Minneapolis through Royal tire. I have a lot of experience with truck tires some good mostly a pain however. I thought the tires on my trailer looked a little shady at best so I left it with the previous owner until I could return with new rims and tires for the 70 mile trip on the freeway.

I have another question however. I used to work on semi tractors and trailers so doing wheel seals and bearings are no big deal. I have not found out if these hubs are an oil bath or grease. I wanted to check them before I take it out. Does anyone know?

View attachment 700939
Wheel bearings use grease.

Here is a link to the TM for M105's ;
[h=1]M105A2/ M103 1990 version[/h]

tobyS

Is the spare axle yours? With the rims and tires, even in poor condition but holding air, dual them up and offer it for sale to farmers. Here is one that I put my old rims/tires on. They are about 1.5" wider than the legal DOT limit but on a farm would not matter.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, do you no longer need your wtb ad in the classifieds? If not, please delete it.

rustystud

Is the spare axle yours? With the rims and tires, even in poor condition but holding air, dual them up and offer it for sale to farmers. Here is one that I put my old rims/tires on. They are about 1.5" wider than the legal DOT limit but on a farm would not matter.
Are you sure the M105 trailer with duals is 1.5" too wide ? I had planned on doing just that to my trailer to add stability to it.