• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob Question about troop seats

alexace

Hi, I bought a truck from GL and my paperwork has yet to clear. My truck has no troop seats or cargo cover. The only other deuce I've had the ability to look around at had none either. Say I want to add troop seats, bows, and cargo cover. I'm having trouble figuring out how this is all installed. Is it possible to install the cargo cover without troop seats using the uprights such as this

M35A2 Uprights & corners M35 Military truck 2.5 ton - eBay (item 380142623111 end time Jul-31-09 18:47:46 PDT)

and if i wanted to install troop seats as well would those corners attack to the top of the troop seats? How does the cargo cover's bows attach to the troop seats?

Thanks,

Alex

Wild Horse Hans

You have to have the troop seats to install the top. The bows fit into the troop seat stake pockets. The ebay item you are looking at are the uprights that fit into the troop seat stake pockets.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I beg to differ with Hans, but in a pinch you can put your staves (uprights) into the pockets. It's a sloppy fit, but it will work. The troopseat supports and staves fit together in the same pocket. I had no troopseats but ran with a cargo cover for a few years before I did it right.

roscoe

I just bought a set of troop seats for one of my trucks and they came with bows and an extra bed for $350.00. Check with the guys who bob the trucks if you want a set.

FrankUSMC

Also, on that note, if you look at Fuel trucks, water trucks, or our beloved wreakers, you will notice the beds have stake pockets on them. This is so you can put the uprights, bows and canvas on these trucks. Why? because this way all the trucks in the convoy look the same, and the bad guys will not be tipped off to your fuel, water, and wreaker trucks.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

alexace

Thanks for the info. I'm vacationing in Beaufort, NC,
less than an hour from White Owl Parts. I was planning on checking out what he had up there.
westfolk, where are those beds located? If they are anywhere remotely near me I'd be interested in them.

Thanks,
Alex

Farmun

To prevent a new thread, I thought I would pose this question here....

From time to time, I have noticed on some trucks available at that particular auction site, the troop seats are mounted outward. What exactly is the reason for this? To allow for loading cargo easier, like pallets? Or provide a shady spot on the sides of the trucks for those mid afternoon siestas? Or ??? They should lock in place just like they would inside the bed. (Well maybe not, since the stanchions on the outside would be in the way.)

Attachments

Last edited:

Heavysteven

FYI I recomend Fiberglass seats rather than wood.

Also, would buy from a member. A set of troop seats is rather heavy so it would be hard to order them from a dealer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks