• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob questions

Desert Rat

M105s are 1 & 1/2 ton trailers. Don't confuse them with the similar looking 3/4 ton Humvee trailers. The 105s are much beefier.

Albin

6'4" & 255 (well, probably 260 after those beef ribs last night....) so it's good to know I can fit in a Deuce. You should see me fold up into my '85 4Runner.

Since we're on the noob questions here: anybody retrofit any other type of seats into a Deuce? I have a couple of front bucket seats from an '89 4Runner, would they fit, or is it sacraligous (sp) to even suggest using anything non-Deuce in a Deuce (and therefore I'm now gonna get banned)? :lol:

Thanks,

Al

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My shelter (along with seemingly half the stuff in my yard) has been moved with the k-boom. It is most certainly an advantage. I can't wait to get my pipeline working so I can try skidloading my little shelter. Here's a pic of the shelter on the M103A3 genset trailer.

Wick246

O.k. I have decided to take the plung and move towards buying. :hop:

I don't have a lot of extra money right now, but I do have a '79 Ford Supercab 4x4 in good shape to sale. Also rebuilt (with POR15 paint and bead blasted aluminum covers) NP435 transmission and NP205 married transfer case with all new bearings, synchro's and seals. Then there is a Ranger overdrive unit in barely used condition. I also have a cleaned and painted Dana 44 heavy duty (8 lug) front end that is disassembled but complete. Somehow I have to turn all this into cash for the Deuce. :eyes:

Deuce-bigalo

Isn't it amazing how once you get bitten by the bug that is MV your willing to liquidate most of your other toys just to make means to aquire a Deuce or 5T?? I see it kinda like an addiction, once you have gotten started on this drug called Surplus Military Vehicle, there is no hope for you at all. Just a support group. I guess that's what SS is to alot of us, a 12 step program that has no end in site!

John

Wick246

An addiction it is. It started a few weeks ago with a co worker looking at a tank on ebay. He had me look at it just for fun and I noticed there was a whole section for military vehicles. Just like a gateway drug - that is where it started. I saw some of the deuces for sale and was amazed at their design and how they were everything and then some that I was trying to build my '79 into. So I searched for more info and ran accross this site. Now I'm more than hooked and can't learn enough.

Deuce-bigalo

Well, sounds like it got you good, just as it did the rest of us! Glad to see your aboard and don't worry - just tell the family there's no hope, no successful recovery program and it's something you'll be afflicted with till your last breath!

John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know, this is not the most expensive hobby/addiction folks have. Although I'll bet there are times my wife would prefer that I go out to the strip clubs.

Deuce-bigalo

Recovry4x4 said:
You know, this is not the most expensive hobby/addiction folks have. Although I'll bet there are times my wife would prefer that I go out to the strip clubs.
Yeah, imagine how many strippers you could fit on the Troop seats in the back [thumbzup] . Your wife will REALLY love you then [^] !

HAHAHAHA!

John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, my old M35A2 had center mounted troop seat brackets. Just adding the second set of seats raises me approved seating capacity to 32. Woohoo, 32 strippers in a deuce. Is this great or what?

Wick246

I suck. Everyone else sees 32 half necked girls in an awsome truck. I see 32 $1.00 bills down the drain with each round and a bunch of whining about a bumpy ride.

Albin

Another noob question:

When you talk about a "dropside", are you referring to the seats dropping down inside the bed or the sides of the bed dropping down, creating a flat, but temporary, bed? I've looked at a lot of pics and I don't see any that would appear to have the sides actually drop down, but maybe I don't know what to look for.

Thanks,

Al

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks