• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob's first truck.

PoppinZombies

Ok , so I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on a M923A2. I'm still narrowing down the field. They're all BMY trucks. "90" or newer , with rebuilds in the last few years. All are titled and at least appear safe to drive home. Couple of questions : What should I bring with me besides cash ? I'll bring a friend in a car , so I can't get totally stranded. If it's titled , and I have a bill of sale , I should be good to go to drive it home right ? Weigh stations : do I need to stop ? I might be driving up to 1k miles , through several states. I figured I'd stay one night in a motel. I figure I'll save at least $1k by driving it home , rather than shipping it. I'm in FL. and the farthest truck I'm looking at is in PA. What do you guys think ?

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you really sure that you want to start off with over 20,000# of truck?

Are you properly licensed to drive it home?

Just asking. . . . .

Welcome to SS, a lot of good people here, even some from Florida.........................

Vandrel

As long as you have a class E FL license you're good to drive home as long as the truck weight doesn't exceed 26,001. You can get a temp tag from the DMV and you'll need insurance.

Vandrel

Well if you are buying it from someone else then in most cases will already have a title so you'll tranfer it just like any other vehicle with an out of state title. Be prepared to pay the $400 fee.

If you buy from the government they'll work out the FL title for you.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Insurance companies need the VIN and your money to insure it. I use Gulfway in FL for all my MVs. As for getting a temp tag in FL, good luck. I've never succeeded for an out of state purchase but your luck may vary.

Vandrel

I just got a 30 day temp tag from the Oviedo office on Friday for my M923 from GL. All I showed them was my invoice from GL and a picture of the serial number with copy of my insurance for the truck.

PoppinZombies

Thanks Recovry and Vandrel. I'll call the tag office to see what they say. The thing is , right now , I haven't decided on which truck I want. Was gonna look at a few available , and pick one. When I do , I'll call Gulfway for the insurance.