• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

nor receiving notification of postings in subscribed threads

miltruckman

Hi, I have found that I no longer receive notification when someone posts in a thread I am subscribed to?

I have checked to confirm that I am really subscribed to the threads.

I also checked that my email address is correct in my personal information.

Can someone help.

Thanks,

Bill
"Miltruckman"
wprestin@charterinternet.com

miltruckman

Still trying to figure this out. It would really help if I could receive a post when there are postings on the threads I am subscribed to??

Thanks,

Bill
Michigan
:?:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go into your user profile and under the section "Edit Options" there is a section about messaging and notifications. Make sure the box is "checked" about receiving messages about new private messages.
The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message. Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
Also make sure the "Drop down box" is selected to "Instant E-mail Notification" under the section titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
Default Thread Subscription Mode When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread. Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Speddmon is correct, check those settings and let us know if it corrects your problem.

rlwm211

Not receiving notifications of new posts to threads

I am not receiving notifications of posts to the threads I am suscribed to. This is specifically since the revamp a few days ago.

As per the advice I checked my settings for notifications and they are set as they should be for instant notifications.

Any help, clues ideas?????

RL

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UH - I was out of town for a couple of days and may have missed any notifcation or threads about a revamp of the site. IS THERE A THREAD ON THIS???

I did notice that the links in my signature were no longer working.... So I've redone them and they are now fine.

Sorry to temporarily hijack the thread....

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am having the same problem. I have checked my settings and spam folder. the settings are correct and nothing in my spam. This has been this way all week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks