• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NorCal owners

locrwln

Well due to the weather over Donner Pass last Sunday, I had to postpone our visit to cbindustries. It looks like this Sunday is going to have the same problem. Might try for sometime in December. Maybe December 3rd. If that would work, I would love to set up a meet up if anyone else is interested.

Thank you,

Jack

Another Ahab

Bummer. I wished I would have known. My wife was born/raised in Minden and we were at her parents yesterday. In fact, we had dinner at the J&T. Had a great Basque dinner. We could easily meet up if that is ok.

Jack
What makes a typical Basque meal; hearty red wine, I'm sure, and stews and good bread?!

locrwln

What makes a typical Basque meal; hearty red wine, I'm sure, and stews and good bread?!
Well they can all be a little different, but at the J&T the meal was (and yes on the wine):
First - Basque version of a Minestrone soup (much better to me).
Second - Salad
Third - Stew and beans
Fourth - Meat of your choice, my FIL and I had steak, my wife had the rabbit, and my MIL had the lamb chops; and fries are served with the main course.
Fifth - Ice cream

Make sure you go hungry.

Jack

armytruck63

Not to veer too far off subject, but here is a funny Basque story:
Years ago my dad and some friends were going on a trip to Ely, Nevada. A friend of ours who wasn't going on the trip, but who had spent time in Ely, told my dad that there was a great Basque restaurant in town that they all should try.

The group drove to Ely and decided to try this place for lunch. The food was terrible, the service stunk, the waitress was drunk (at noon) and the cook was smoking cigarettes while cooking.

My dad said to the waitress that the restaurant was recommended by a friend. Dad complained about the food, service and the attitude of the waitress and cook. The waitress laughed out loud and said, "We just sold the restaurant this morning and we started partying. We're going to Reno tonight to celebrate. We really don't care about this place anymore!"

We all got a good laugh about this when dad got back in town and told us the story.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

My dad said to the waitress that the restaurant was recommended by a friend. Dad complained about the food, service and the attitude of the waitress and cook. The waitress laughed out loud and said, "We just sold the restaurant this morning and we started partying. We're going to Reno tonight to celebrate. We really don't care about this place anymore!"
You just can't beat that old homegrown five-star service:

Chef Smoking Drunk.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks