• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Norfolk M1010

2002ford

Well for your alls viewing pleasure I have a new to M1010. I picked it up this morning in Norfolk and just rolled in. It looks like a new truck that has just sat around. They drained all the fluids and GL bent the driveshaft. Oops... Also there is a weird bracket on the roof that has been hit and tore a little hole in it.Norfolk M1010 018.jpgNorfolk M1010 019.jpgNorfolk M1010 020.jpgNorfolk M1010 021.jpgNorfolk M1010 022.jpgNorfolk M1010 023.jpgNorfolk M1010 025.jpgNorfolk M1010 026.jpg You may notice there is no date of manufacture on it. Its got me stumped right now.

2002ford

I will have some more tm. It was a long road trip. There scales said I weighed 16780 lbs. I pulled it fine until I hit this storm in Ohio. I couldnt keep 65mph with 50mph headwinds. I lost a panel on the passenger side somewhere. Its the one you can flip to show the cross. Its a shame but I have no idea where it blew off.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to have a Navy 1010. Something about that Navy registration stamped in that data plate.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drop Zone Safety Officer

2002ford

Heck, I am a 5 jump chump and I didnt know that. I guess I was to busy loking for the pizza man that was allways at the drop zone. LOL.

I am looking for indoor storage for it now. Its getting to cold to do anything with it. I am not sure if I want to do much with it. As low milage it is and as clean as it is I think it would be better if it went to a museum and was restored. Who knows.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doghead Zapped Santa's Ocular

Ok, I beat Doghead by a minute but that evil look makes me wish I didn't.

The brake pedal in your photos looks new. Mine has 20,000 miles on it and the wear is there. Looks like you've got your work ahead of you but it's brand new, Great Score.

Just checking out the paint scheme on your avatar, your new 1010......that is your museum piece...and my 1010 and the patterns are nearly identical. Keep us up to date with what you do with it.

Last edited:

2002ford

This was the first EUC required item I have purchased. My EUC was sent to Battlecreek on dec 6 and cleared dec 17. I didnt expect this this trip until jan or feb. Yikes.....

I also had to do one for a 6.2 in a crate. Crazy....

2002ford

Ok, the 1010 and my 1009 went to storage today. Atleast they will stay dry. On a good note, I found the missing panel a mile away from my house sitting on the side of the road.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Myan gods felt sorry and helped you out with the missing panel.

You do have a collectors item. Nice score.