• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Norman, OK - Veteran's Day Parade 2012

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't think we will need the M1010 but you are welcome to bring it.

Looks like there will be a Convoy leaving the Edmond Walmart parking lot at 1100hrs (M1075, Tackettr and Mikew). Heading south on I-35.

I'll be meeting up at around 1115hrs at the 23rd St onramp. Any one else wanting to join in going down to Norman is welcome. Contact me for details.

We are planning on grabbing something for lunch and then hitting Rudy's after the parade.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See everyone in the morning.

The SS website will be offline tomorrow so no notification tomorrow.

Happyland1410

I may not be able to make it depending on the weather. I spent all day on the j-pipe and ran out of time to do any pre-trip prep on the deuce. If the rain moves through early enough tomorrow I will try to make it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parade is still on. Rain will be gone by the time we are to meet up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Norman 2012 006.jpgNorman 2012 001.jpgNorman 2012 002.jpgNorman 2012 003.jpgNorman 2012 005.jpg

Well the parade was cold and damp. We had 8 trucks and 12 BlueStar mothers showup.

I was a little concerned about the Military Bagpipe players. Hope they had their wool scivvies on. Burrrrrrrr.

Cleptomaniac

Yes it was COLD!! But we had a good turnout any way. Had fun and look Foreword to the next one.
Thank you Warthog for getting everything set up.

mikew

Here's a few more pics.

I almost talked the guys who were driving the wrecker into trading trucks, but the A driver wouldn't go for it!

And no matter how I rotate the images on my computer, they display upside down.... so rotate your monitor accordingly to view!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks