• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Alabama Convoy for GA Rally

Joining a convoy to the 2010 GA Rally

• Probably won't join up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A convoy is just plain crazy talk IMO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hawkshaw

If I am able to go it will be a Friday evening to Sunday deal for me. Don't have enough vacation left to do a half a week trip. Maybe next time though.

dc3coyote

Hey Wreckerman, if your convoy heads near my LZ your more than welcome to grab a couple GP meds ,smalls, or the DASH tents. For anyone who may need a place to crash for the night at the rally. I also have some stuff I need sent to down to Devilman.
The only things I ask, are that they get returned when your done with them, and put some air in the Pinzs tires. I have a slow leak and dont want it being flat for a year.

Oldsouthernboy

Wreckerman. If I am off Saturday next week if you need a set of hands to help with wrench turning. I live in Jacksonville, not to far away. I can be some help having done annual services on vehicles off and on for over 20 years. I will supply some liquid libation, and a fresh possum on the griil or Arizona jerky what ever you want.

Oldsouthernboy

Rally food. I may be able load the M1009 up with water mellons, I am not sure where to post this for the rally, also sone good old TP for everyone, the most important paperwork there is. Not sure where to post this also trash bags a box or two.

ca1517

If everything is still together that I own, the wife and I will try to meet the convoy at exit 5 in GA. That may be a better stopping
point than the rest area. There are 2 truckstops at the exit. I will contact you directly as the time nears.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
OSB......I don't plan that far ahead but if nothing pops up it sounds like a good idea.

I need to do a complete service on the M275 and my yard deuce...it never ends.

I'll PM you next week.

Thanks for the offer.

TenGAUGE

I have started gaining a lot of interest in MVs. I have been looking at this site for a short time. I will try to make the trip to see all sorts of MVs. That way I can get some ideas of what I would like to purchase, Currently, I have been looking at a cucv, gotta start somewhere. My small family likes to camp a lot and I thought that would be a great starting vehicle. Good to know I can go and see all there is to offer and get some great ideas. Thanks

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My small family likes to camp a lot and I thought that would be a great starting vehicle. Good to know I can go and see all there is to offer and get some great ideas. Thanks
You would have the best of both worlds there.....plenty of camping and MV's to check out.

The weather is usually mild (chilly at night) and you will be welcome to ride in someones rig if you want to do a trail ride.

If you have checked out the GA Rally thread you know this is a family friendly event and we try to make it better ever year.

Ya'll come.

Matt65

I'm about 40 minutes east of Birmingham just off i20. Would love to join, but will have to see how things work out.

dcwilkie

Updated today 8/29/10. Stop changed from Georgia Rest Area to Exit 3. There are several truck stops there
for fuel and personal needs.
Need a concensus about the route. An alternate would be through Scottsboro, AL on US 72. See alternate here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Huntsville,+AL&daddr=4300+Atlanta+Hwy,+Bogart,+GA+30622-2207+(Durhamtown+Extreme+Sports+Otlt)&geocode=FYHxEQIdCM3W-imNiaLNZ2tiiDFrVgTIiX4smg%3BFQbkBQIdzjsG-yFs_n1ytl9MKynvVtiuDHP2iDFkwWEh4viNEQ&hl=en&mra=pd&mrcr=0&sll=34.325292,-84.946289&sspn=4.009852,7.020264&ie=UTF8&z=8

That would certainly minimize the time needed on major highways and would seem to knock a few minutes off the travel time.
Drawback is less chances for folks to join up to our convoy and possibly diesel fuel needs.

Last edited:

dcwilkie

Well boys- I'm out. I'm not going to Durhamtown and I no longer own "Tinkerbell". I drove her in to work today and someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
I may possibly buy into another Deuce, but it's not in the cards in the forseeable future.
Y'all have fun,

DDave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks