• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NORTHEAST RALLY: PA, NY, NJ, CT, DE, MD, VA

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
If the Army has not sent me back to the sandbox by then I will be there too, love RC the folks are all about support and letting you work your machine. I might even find the snatch block I lent to a stuck Jeep a few year back. My son blew the spiders in his TJ rear POC dana 35 and the RC folks gave us some spares we put in right in the middle of the rock trail. After he blew the axle again I put a corporate 14 bold FF in there and dared him to brake that one he has not yet.

No.2Diesel

Sorry for the delay,

Lynn has told me that there are porta-dumpers but no water source. Water bladders and cans will be the order of the day. I've also been informed that there is a natural spring a few miles from the park.

tklm539: Hallo... Yes there is a firm date. First weekend in October. Read back in the post and you'll find details and various distances from every major population center. Most of your questions should be answered but if not, I will be glad to fill you in.

No.2Diesel

Yes but probably not on the more extreme stuff. There are beginner, intermediate, and extreme trails. Green, blue, and red/black. I suggest exploring the RC website for photos as well as their own message board. There are many threads that share photos of the previous weekends wheeling. There will be plenty of exploring and fun. Tuck those mirrors in!

McVeyMac

Thanks for organizing this No.2,

Count me in tentatively with at least 1 Deuce, more likely will have 2. Lowtechredneck and I will ge back to you on a count. It will be great to meet with you guys.

Walt

spicergear

I wheeled my big M715 there last fall. Lots of decent trails, some good mud, some decent rock gardens. I would not suggest anyone try to wheel a deuce there...without a winch, chainsaw, and hatred for their once decent truck. Anything off the main roads, at least where my group had gone, will not make for a fun day in a deuce.

Swede

I hope to meat most of you at Aberdeen, and some more at RC. I am looking forward to RC, I hope I have some mods done to the truck before I hit those trails. This going to be an all weekend camping,trailing thing? And Is there a list of things to bring/donate? to the event.

No.2Diesel

Hi gang,

I just wanted to update those interested in attending (and hopefully to entice more of you to join us) regarding the trail work/park improvements that have taken place over the winter & spring and that are still ongoing. A mine reclamation process along with some logging of the property has opened up a number of trails with large play areas being created. Those worried about damage to their extremeties will have plenty of room to roam free with their large OD elephants. I have attached some photos that have been posted on the RC forum that show the recent work along with some wheeling. Enjoy!

P.S. I'm glad RC was chosen over Paragon as it's land owner has chosen to terminate the 25 year lease (3years in) to develop the property into a Cargo/Freight Airport & industrial park. (Hey its a lesser evil than McMansions)

Attachments

No.2Diesel

HEY!! :eek: Wakeup!! Its time to get planning.

A look at the previous posts reveals that there is a tentative vehicle attendance so far of:
8xDeuces
2x5ton Wreckers
4xCUCVs
2xM715s & others

We need more MVs!!!

OK were 2 1/2 months away from the main event and time is flying by. Its time to address the logistical issues of Food and Convoying.

What would everyone like to do?

Would everyone like bring enough food, water, and equipment to sustain themselves and their guests for the weekend + extra water? Maybe people would like to eat on their own for the most part but we could pool resources for large dinner(s).

Please look at your calenders for Columbus Day weekend.

FEEDBACK/INPUT REQUIRED!!!

Thank You

Opie

Is potable water available at Rausch Creek? I have about ten clean fry oil jugs that I could fill with water on site.

Any hints on sources of offroad diesel nearby?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am still hoping my two boys drive the CUCV up for the weekend I will let you know. I am not in the sand box but in Korea so it will not be possible for me to be there. I still encourage anyone to go it is agreat place

No.2Diesel

Sorry Opie, there is no potable water source on site. Its pretty bare bones. It would be low impact camping (on a highly impacted site :D ) I would suggest bringing as much water for cooking, drinking etc. that you or your group will consume over the weekend.

I look forward to meeting your sons David, and seeing your CUCV in action.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had not really looked at this as I did not have the time or money, but things have changed a bit. If I can make it I could bring a 275gallon tote of potable water if needed. It might taste a little like soy sauce as it has only been washed a few times from its original use. Also any chance of mailing in the registration for the park as there is little chance of me making it between 8-10am. This is not GL after all. I could bring some of the stuff I am trying to get rid of too if anyone wants anything that would otherwise be too heavy or awkward to ship.

No.2Diesel

That would be a huge contribution. Thank you. Was it used by a Mobile Chinese Take-out? :shock: We will see what the demand is from everybody for water. I'd hate to have you trailer something up there if you don't need to but you never know when you need some H2O. It could come in handy if a MV had a emergency radiator or cooling issue.

I will be contacting RC about the check in time issue and post my findings in the CONVOY INFO thread.

No.2Diesel

Hello?......Is anybody out there?........"cricket, cricket"....... :D TWO WEEKS Until Rausch Creek.

Seriously,

I would like to inform any newcomers and those who have not yet considered...PLEASE join us for a fun weekend of MV wheeling and comraderie as well as parts trading. We need your support. All are welcome. All you MV owning Pennsylvanians, and Marylanders: make it a day trip. We are two weeks away and the anticipation is building. Start PMing. I know I am. I've got fluids and filters to change as well as front axle boots and seals. Get those CBs hooked up.

Demonstrate your vehicular freedom by hitting the road and the trails!!

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT MY ANYTIME AT 631-766-3283

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks