• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Northern UT chapter

Alexsha

So I'm the proud owner of a 1990 M923A2 and I'm wondering who else in the area/state owns MVs and if there are any get togethers. I know there's the UMVC (Utah Military Vehicle Club), but most of their events seem to be south of Salt Lake City. I live up in Cache Valley. Any northern Utah MV owners? Southern Idaho?

Gunzy

I have an M923, M105A2 and a M1101. I'm in Roy by Hill AFB. I know 3 others in the Ogden area and one in NSL as well as Boyce Equip. and Plan B Surplus. I have taken my truck to some local car shows and it will be going to Peach Days in Brigham. Does that help any?

MtnSnow

I'm the one in NSL.. I too have done a couple of the local car shows in the Ogden, Layton, Farmington & Bountiful area :) Feel free to come on down as I usually head UP to the Ogden area more often so I can hang around with Gunzy ;-)

Gunzy

Peach Days is Brigham Cities annual celebration. They have a very large car show (1200 entries last year) with it. It is Sept. 6 and you can find information by googling it. You can also find car show at Thanks2Frank.com they list a calendar as will as links for car shows all over N.Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming.

KaiserM109

Hi, from a Western Coloradan (at heart). I grew up around Grand Junction and spent a good bit of time between Salt Lake City and G. Jct. My plans keep getting side tracked, like blown transmission and GL screwing up my SF-97, so I haven’t gotten over that way like I had planned. I should have my truck on the road in 3 to 4 weeks.

Come peach season, (soon) we might take my M923A1 over that way to pick up a load. It might be nice to see some of you guys then. The Colorado National Monument near the Utah/Colorado border, what we used to call the Laplands (where Utah laps into Colorado) just off of I-70 is a great place to hike, camp and drive.

' Love to see you guys sometime,
Arlyn

red

Nothing set in stone for me yet. Wanting to find a mechanic job with a weekly rotation schedule (2 weeks on, 1 off like how the oilfield is) which leaves options open to do stuff haha.

On the side I'd like to start hauling some surplus stuff for some extra money.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, I never saw or replied to this thread....

What are your plans next summer? You should move to Cache Valley. I need some MV buddies up here.
Maybe you shouldn't have moved months after we met! rofl

Nothing set in stone for me yet. Wanting to find a mechanic job with a weekly rotation schedule (2 weeks on, 1 off like how the oilfield is) which leaves options open to do stuff haha.

On the side I'd like to start hauling some surplus stuff for some extra money.
My gut feeling is that you'll be unlikely to find that rotating schedule at a mechanics shop (but what do I know? lol). If you do think of Cache Valley, I recommend checking out Moonlight Diesel. They're the most respected (and growing) diesel mechanics in that valley.

http://www.moonlightdiesel.com/

Last edited:

MtnSnow

If looking in the NSL/WoodsCross area check into LW Miller as their shops are always busy (and is where I get my trucks inspected and purchase some repair parts such as airlines & fittings) but they also have shops in Logan & Tremonton

red

Hmm, I never saw or replied to this thread....

Maybe you shouldn't have moved months after we met! rofl

My gut feeling is that you'll be unlikely to find that rotating schedule at a mechanics shop (but what do I know? lol). If you do think of Cache Valley, I recommend checking out Moonlight Diesel. They're the most respected (and growing) diesel mechanics in that valley.

http://www.moonlightdiesel.com/
Yea most places don't do that type of schedule sadly.

I'll be sending out applications, thanks for the help guys. Currently working, just looking for something better.

Gonna be a busy week at Valence's place!

Hey Just saw this thread. There is Freedom Vehicles Association located in Utah Co. I know thats far, but just so ya know we are down here. We own 11 vehicles
1 5ton 1991
3 deuces, 1962, 1968, 1988
2 3/4 ton Power wagons
1 Half track
1 Scout car
2 M561 Gama Goats
1 M-2-4
1 M38 Jeep
and a few trailers.
M101a1
M105
and a custom built Half track Hauler.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Just saw this thread. There is Freedom Vehicles Association located in Utah Co. I know thats far, but just so ya know we are down here. We own 11 vehicles
1 5ton 1991
2 3/4 ton Power wagons
1 Half track
1 Scout car
2 M561 Gama Goats
1 M-2-4
1 M38 Jeep
and a few trailers.
M101a1
M105
Not to turn this into an advertising thread, but are you folks associated with the Freedom Festival? I know at least one fellow in the Utah Military Vehicle Club that's heavily involved in that.

Or are you working to become more like BigTuffTrucks, PlanBSupply, or Boyce Equipment?

Last edited:
We are somewhat associated with the freedom festival. We are not in it to become like Tuff Trucks and them. If you go to:
http://www.freedomvehicles.org/
You can see more of what we are about. The page hasn't been updated for a while. But it still tells what we are about. We did a big event on the 2-4 of July at Scera with the Colonial Fest and them. Gail Halvorsen flew over and dropped candy. It was good.

red

1 5ton 1991
2 3/4 ton Power wagons
1 Half track
1 Scout car
2 M561 Gama Goats
1 M-2-4
1 M38 Jeep
and a few trailers.
M101a1
M105
Y'all ain't far from me, I live in Lehi right by Thanksgiving Point.

MtnSnow

Hello and welcome fellow Utahn

I totally know the 1/2 track "old lady" aka "Kilroy was here" as it has been to several events I have attended and it was in Wendover this past weekend with a few other members of U.M.V.C (Utah Military Vehicle Club) that I know a handfull of Steel Soldiers members are members of it. (such as Valence and myself)

Keep us informed of your events as I would be willing to put forth the effort to attend as scheduling allows!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks