• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not a lot of CUCV to this thread.... a lot of fun though!

91W350

A couple of buddies attended an auction in rural Kansas. The main calling card for them was advertised as a 1934 Hudson Terraplane..... Custom! When they saw the old Hudson in the yard, they agreed that it should be owned.

Apparently it had been a family car for many years and during the war (WW2), it became a pickup, like a lot of sedans of the day. The family converted it into a coyote wagon and they used to run the pastures with it.

When the owner spent a few years in California, he took the old wagon with him. A buddy helped???? him build a body for it. This this is the crude of crude, but I like it. The cutouts are supposed to be the helmets of the San Francisco 49ers. The popping is the lack of a gasket between the exhaust manifold and pipe. The rear hatch is held up by an old Chevrolet hood spring and the tail gate uses sliding bolts for latches, same for the doors.

He said he was not going to do anything but drive it, we already straightened the grill some and backed out the mixture screw to clear out the debris, then reset it. I think maybe some light wiring is in order as it has one brake light, no other lights work.

We might also want to do something about those cable brakes, no hydraulics in this fine ride. A couple of cables are hanging a little though and need some attention. Enough, enjoy, one of my M1009s was the chase vehicle and I actually included a couple of shots of it in the video. Glen

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RFg5K0SNiU[/media]

blackhueys

SWEET! So do you consider that a hoppdy ville then? LOL reminds me of my first stick shift car that I drove a 29 model A talk about a heck of a way to learn to drive stick! But it was fun!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great video, I'm speachless!

91W350

That's a HOOT! That is exactly what the guy at the local rat rod shop said. I should do some videos of some of his stuff, you can see his old late 40's Chevy pickup in the background at one point. That is his daily driver and the top of the cab is lower than the roof of a new Mustang. I am sure the old Terraplane will show up in the forums again. The owner has a super nice 32 Ford Two door sedan. The guy driving the Terraplane has a couple of 33 Ford coupes and a 34 Ford sedan, along with four 37 Fords and who knows what else....