• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not Allowed To Pre-Inspect DRMO Trucks!

Gatnom

Today I took a vacation day to go Chambersburg PA to pick up a couple wheel lifts I won on a GL auction.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> While I’m there I ask if I can snoop around.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> The GL guy I’m with says knock yourself out, so off I go.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> I spy lots of trucks parked off to the side so I head that way.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> I’m checking out the first deuce I come to and some guy starts screaming from across the road to get away from the trucks.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> At first I ignore him but the way he’s going off I start thinking he’s libel to have a stroke, so I go looking for someone to ask what’s going on.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> On my way back towards my POV I bump into the GL guy who loaded me.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Seems the DRMO and GL warehouses are located together and the vehicles belong to DRMO and they won’t let anyone check them out prior to auction.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Anyone else ever run into anything like that.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> I couldn’t believe it.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Dave

Dieselsmoke

Oh yes, that seems to be standard practice at every DRMO I've ever been to. It's like the trucks are top secret until they actually come up in a sale :nono: I got [complaining] at more than once for looking at stuff that wasn't in a sale yet :rolleyes:

Low-Tech-Redneck

Dad an I went to Carlisle to check out the DRMO stuff, they told us where the lot was and we spent a good 45 mintues checking out everything there, nobody seemed to care

JohnnyReb

Think it matters as to the type of base.... I have been on some installations where you were limited to the item you signed in to see.....

But in Anniston AL, once you get passed the initial screening, they let you look at anything you want.... Some bases are "disposal centers" while others are truly active military establishments....changes the mindset...