• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not another NV4500 swap thread... Well, sort of...

Glockfan

OK guys, I have beat myself to death trying to figure out my options and I keep coming back to the manual trans. What I would like to know is if anyone has done the NV4500 swap using an NP205 transfer case that has been TWIN STICKED?? It looks like my two sticks will not interfere with the manual transmission shifter but I wanted to see if anyone has a twin sticked NP205 behind an NV4500.

My eventual plans are to replace the 6.2 with a 5.9 Cummins 6bta but I would like to piece it together as I can afford to do so. After driving across the state on a trek through the Chatahoochie National Forrest and logging a pile of miles, I am ready for more than three gears. I bought a complete hydroboost manual pedal set on ebay today and paid a premium for it. These are getting scarce and I wanted to get this set before it got gone...

I am really proud of how the old truck ran. My M1031 (converted to an M1028A1) will be a beast with the Cummins and NV4500...

Thanks!

Obijuank5

The shifter setup I recommend is from ORD. I added a 203 in between the nv4500 and 205 so I have an extra stick but they come out just forward of the end of the nv4500 adapter. I made my own trans shifter but I don't believe the tcase shifter would interfere with anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks