• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not Getting Fuel

Florida9

For some reason i am not getting any fuel after i put on a new fuel pump and filter for my m1008 which has a 1990 6.2 humvee block took the filter off to see anything was coming out when i turn it over and nothing it has a full tank of gas

Westech

CPL
did you bleed the filter housing? Are you sure you got all the hose back on correct? Did you install the pump correctly? Did not drop the push rod when you took the old pump out?

Florida9

hoses are all correct i installed it correctly it should only go in one way and i never changed the filter like this before so let me try and drain it

Florida9

well its still not working there is no fuel going threw the lines from the fuel pump at all i followed the rubber hose from the fuel pump and it goes into a metal line then into the fuel tank and then the metal line from the fuel pump goes to the fuel filter so idk why there is no fuel

CROM

I just had the same problem. If you pull the fuel pump (or lift pump..same thing) plug one end and suck on the other, then plug the hole you sucked on with your tounge and see if it holds a vacuum. If it does not, there's your problem. If it does, re-install (carefull of the push-rod...grease holds it in place well). After you install, you can check fuel flow with a hand vacuum pump like a break bleader:

1. Pull the outlet line from the fuel filter housing (the top hose on the right side of the filter housing) and be sure the vent on top is closed.
2. Connect your hand pump to the metal line comming from the filter housing (this will be easier if you have pre-filled your filter with fuel)
3. Pump until you get fuel with minimal bubbles through the hand pump.
4. Quickly, disconnect the hand pump and reconnect the fuel line to the outlet.
5. Per the tech manuals, bleed the system.
a. Batteries connected
b. Pink wire to injector pump disconnected
c. top vent on filter housing open
d. run a line from the port beneath the vent (top left of filter housing) to a water bottle (something clear) and put it under a windshield wiper or on the hood so you can see it from the driver's seat.
e. turn the truck over for 15-20 seconds...repeat this with a few minutes in between cranks (to save your starter) until you see fuel flow into the bottle.
f. after fuel is flowing, cap the vent, connect your pink injector pump wire and fire it up!

It will choke and cough at first as the air works its way out. If it dies, start it up again....let it run for 10-15 minutes and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

Last edited:

stampy

Or get a 12v diesel pump and put it inline between the mechanical pump and the filter, run a switch to the inside and run it until the filter fills up. Makes filter changes real easy.[thumbzup]

Florida9

i pulled the fuel pump out and it turns out the rod is dropped down and some how i still got the fuel pump in anyways how would i put the rod back in place?

Florida9

okay got the rod out and it looks like it is broke on the end that was in the block so how do i get the broken peice out i cant feel it when i stick my finger in it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks