• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not new but finally got my first MV so just doing a reintroduction.

Hello yall, I am the proud new owner of a former USAF 1988 chevy V30. Not sure if you could call it a cucv or not as it is a crew cab. Unfortunately the dealer painted over the blue with green. I love the color it's just not correct for its branch of service so should I stay green or go back blue? Specs are 6.2, th400, np205, dana 60, 14 bolt and 4.56 gears. Her she is

Attachments

jbayer

Nice truck backwoods deuce, but tough call on paint.
It's kinda up to what YOU want.[thumbzup] Personally, I like the green better2cents, but.. if your looking to keep it original, then blue it would be.
And either way you go, you will always have someone saying you should have done it the other way.
Good luck and remember,"post more pics".

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome truck. Tough call on paint. While not a CUCV it would make the most awesome CUCV clone. The truck the govt should have bought.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any plans to "bob" it?

Seems like the current trend is four doors and a useless little bed.

Perhaps a short stepside bed would fit that trend.

I will get you guys more pics on Sunday once I get her home. This one will stay a long bed. No plans to bob it as I'm not a fan of how they look with a short box. Will keep the green for now at least. It does look tougher in green. Thanks for the compliments yall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks