• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not really a limit experience

papaydsailor

what kind of engine do you have? i never have problem with my 6.2NA whenever i go deep water fording as long as water doesnt get in to your air filter intake. the problems i always get are water and sands getting in my gear hubs which causes dirt to get stuck in those seals and causes the gear hubs oil to leak just make sure you spray it with water pressure and grease lube after.

Attachments

Student-Driver

Okay finally did the oil change that is required in the manual after fording…
I changed the Engine oil, the diff oil, and the geared hub oil.
I had only water in on hub and that only because I haven‘t checked everything carefully before I submerged my truck…
The half shaft screw where loosen and the half shaft came out a bit what caused the water inlet…

I haven't changed the steering fluid, the transmission fluid and t-case fluid.
Because the Dexron III is hygroscopic and would indicate even a small amount of water quite early by turning in to a light pink…

Here some pictures:

front diff:

front left hub:

front right hub:

rear diff:

rear right hub:

rear left hub with water in it:

My professional oil pump system :lol:

And my hub dryer I think it ran for two hours or so… because the water contaminated oil was really viscous.