• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not really a need, but a question

hwcurtice

Has anyone brought a vehicle from Canada? If so, what did you have to do to get it titled? I know they don't have titles up North, so how do you get it titled down here? How do you transport it over the border?

gungearz

I've sold a Dirtbike with title to a guy in Kingsville, Ontario, he titled it just fine... if your talking about u.s military trucks, I don't think that can be done... I do believe that they are condemned to United States soil..

hwcurtice

Nothing really that impressive. And I may be laughed out of SS for it too, but my wife found a little car she likes, a Diesel Smart Car, and we're looking to get it into the US.

I think she's thinking she can get another car that gets similar mpg but holds more people, so we may be rethinking the Smart Car.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can drive a non EPA approved car into the USA, for up to 90 days, but you cannot get it registered or titled in the USA, nor keep it as an over-the-road vehicle. Unless it is over 25 years old, etc., etc. I'd like to get one of the Ford Transit vans made for Europe, with the diesel engine and manual transmission - they get about 35 MPG vs 26 for the gasoline ones that can be imported. Oh and they also have to meet crash test standards - even though it's the exact same body - different type engine, separate crash tests. Manufacturer/importer has to furnish the models for the govt to test and crash. If you have deep pockets, go for it!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SCSG-64 is exactly correct . Even if you some how got the vehicle into the US , most DMV's use a computer program that will not allow the registration/title to be processed . Plus when you come over the border you vehicle is entered into the Custom's computers and it will show up then . One thing I learned when we worked the border with Custom's is that "They don't care about no sticking CIVIL RIGHTS" , they do what ever they want , not the people you want to go to war with IMHO .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks