• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not sure how shipper loaded my truck

gem1410

BOUGHT SOME M923s--- IT WAS A BIG SURPRISE TO SEE THE REAR OF ONE ON THE TOP OF A STEP DECK TRAILER WITH NO RAMP GOING TO IT---i ASKED THE DRIVER HOW HE GOT IT THERE AND HE SAID SOMETHING LIKE --IT CLIMBED UP THERE --I AM NOT SURE HOW HE DID IT BUT i AM GLAD I WAS NOT THERE TO SEE IT----CLICK ON MOVIE OF HIM DRIVING IT----- http://s392.beta.photobucket.com/user/gem1410/media/CIMG1928_zps67279baf.mp4.html

Attachments

jw4x4

It's all about articulation. Ah, what a thing of beauty it is. Gotta love the design of MV's. Not the fastest, but definitely the most capable.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
There Is this long thingy coming out of the floor with some numbers on it and a "R" on it If you put it in the slot that has the "R" on it, yes that thing moves! Let out the clutch( the peddle on the left) The big truck goes backward ( opposite front) When it gets to the little step it will with a little pressing on the right peddle climb right up there. The peddle in the middle makes the truck stop! If you have an auto there will be no clutch!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a good chance he loaded it on the lower deck ,then moved the ramps to the upper deck . Then back both axles on the upper deck , removed ramps and pulled forward to get the height down .

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John Winslow (RIP) loaded two M923's that way on his step deck, they just climb right there! I don't know if I would have done it personally, but it was his truck and trailer!

bearboley

I lay a 6x6 down about 2 ft in front of the step on my step deck and back right up on there. Just go slow and easy and you can't even feel it. So it does just climb right up there.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Much ado about nothing...

If you're worried about that, you probably don't want to know what the truck was routinely subjected to while it was in the military's possession.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Much ado about nothing...

If you're worried about that, you probably don't want to know what the truck was routinely subjected to while it was in the military's possession.
Yea MDMORGANWIFE just needs a little bump and she could have loaded it without ramps! Gimp could have rolled it up there! :tank:

Scarecrow1

Well George they say any landing you walk away from is a good one. So now you can apply the same logic to the delivery of 5 tons just in the driving sense..............Nice truck bye the way I like the 10 tire deal ......

Csm Davis

Not sure about if your rear lights and fenders clear or not but we drive all the tractors at Shelby up on the deck with no issues. If the parts on the back hang down to far I would just lift it up on the deck with my wrecker or a crane which I have had to do with some non running trucks. As Patracy said not a big deal done every day.

m816

If you worry about that, It would really make you s--- if you followed me around anytime. I drive em like I stole em.

gem1410

m816--Vinney--I was at your place last summer with Alan when he bought that 151a2 --you had alot going on--Phil Frances hauled all the m35a2s but the 900s were to big for 2 at a time-- 80000 plus pounds with the landoll--I got 20 of the 900s--how are thoes big dogs doing--George

Attachments

Last edited:

91W350

We run the front tires up on the upper deck, then load a second truck behind the first one. We use a 59' steel step deck trailer. Two M923s and the tractor make for a very close to 80,000 load. I loaded two deuces on it once, the second deuce was dead, so we pulled it on with a chain. The first deuce climbed up on the deck....pulling the second deuce behind it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks