• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not sure how shipper loaded my truck

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m816--Vinney--I was at your place last summer with Alan when he bought that 151a2 --you had alot going on--Phil Frances hauled all the m35a2s but the 900s were to big for 2 at a time-- 80000 plus pounds with the landoll--I got 20 of the 900s--how are thoes big dogs doing--George
I have GOT to show my wife those photos - she thinks I'M nuts with 8 trucks (9 counting the one I won today and haven't told her about)! Nice motorpool :beer:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Csm Davis

Thanks patracy but no offense taken I figured he is a newbie and yeah I think that is a common issue with the 939 series. Haven't tried to adjust one yet but think it is covered in the TM. :D

Kalashnikov

Yup, they just climb right up. I loaded a 923 like that except with both rears up. It was the first time I drove a 900 series and it was a fresh rebuild en route. Right place at the right time!

Csm Davis

When I was a kid I remember my dad moving houses with a five ton and one day we were across from USM facing Hardy street with a nice house on the truck it was late on Friday Dad had everything done and was ready to move out early Saturday morning so there would be little traffic and a older man stopped by and ask Dad how he planned on making the turn to get on the side road that run perpendicular to Hardy street past the front of the house Pop just looked him in the eye and said he was not going to turn he was going toto pull straight out on to Hardy street over a 3 or 4 foot 70-80° drop off in the yard over the sidewalk. The old man looked at Dad and said he would like to see that because he didn't think it could be done. Dad told him be there at sun up the next morning and as long as he would stay out of the way he could watch. Sure enough next morning he was there a Dad got the truck warmed up and checked over everything put the truck in low gear, low range and drove straight over the hump with the house in tow and turned after he got out in the street,it was four lanes and a turn lane in the middle, little tight but not bad. The old man actually clapped and came back when they were doing cleanup and told Dad how impressed he was. Funny thing me and Dad share this story and remark how that was one of the easy ones to move. These trucks will do things most people would look at and laugh and say it won't do it, or can't be done.

Last edited:

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey that "Hold my beer and watch this" sounds like the Sixth most dangerous thing in the Army..... The first five are: A Private saying" I learned this in Boot Camp", A Sergeant saying "Trust me Sir", A Second Lieutenant saying "Based upon my experience", a Captain saying "I was just thinking", and a Warrant Officer chuckling "Watch this s**t".... But really, you have to love what these "beasties" will do when you ask them to do it. If the wheels can get against it, and it doesn't crumble or crumple, it crawls it.

Csm Davis

No beer involved and what the old man would have tried would have flipped the house because it would have gone across the smaller hill at a side angle and the house would have fell over. There was no danger in doing it right. Not one tire slipped or left the ground. That wasn't showboating he didn't do it for the old man, he was going that way all along.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks