• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not sure

TOG 5

Hi,
I'm a long time lurker that decided to post and I'm not sure if my highly modified 85 m1009 goes in this forum or not.

Duncan

bkwudzhom

Welcome to Steelsoldiers! #1 It does fit 'cause it's a CUCV. #2 It's your vehicle...do what ya want to with it! There are some here that like to keep their's as stock as possible but then again it's their vehicles and they do what they want ( or don't want) to them. As I see it those that are purists and those that modify each have a wealth of knowlege that they offer here, and I guess I get to be the first one to hit you with this!!!nopics
Bring it on! and again--Welcome to SS.

GPrez

Welcome. About the only modification you can do to catch **** for is converting it to 12volt. :cookoo: Other than that modifications appear to be acceptable. :-D

kenz5380

So lets see some pics of this 1009. Looks pretty bad ass from your profile pic.

GPrez, that is the best signature line I've read on this forum... and very appropriate.

aggopian

Yes more pix and DETAILS!! Who knows you may get a modification named after you!!

The TOG 5 (insert name here) Mod! Sounds cool!!

BTW I reserve the name "Aggopian's Super Elastic Electric Spring Valve Thingy Mod!!"

just sayin......

TyJustice

Your a tease or you be trollin!

Supply some pics !aua

Oh yeah....Welcome to SS. Many non-stock members here, cant wait to see your ride, welcome aboard.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

TOG 5

This forum is not one I'm used to.
I'll be back shortly with more images and info then you can stand!,
I'll have you crying from boredom in no time!! :whistle:

Last edited:

TOG 5

Thanks! and for the compliments too!!
I've never been accused of being a troll or a tease before.

I have to work some time or the other and I'm not used to this forum type so its taking me a wee bit to upload my images.

My truck is alot of old tech stuff, well most of it any way.

ummmm it is a 12 volt .... and a 24 volt.

Both have their own battery's and alternators.
My 76 truck was a basket case, with parts falling off going down the road, I got this 85 CUCV from a buddy for a dollar and was going to switch drive train over to the newer frame. Except it was scrap metal.

So the body swap and rebuild began.

The 09 wiring was a unsalvageable mess and I knew any Heavenly intervention was going to be limited, so I used my 1976 harness as 12 volt and what I needed from the 09's for the 24.

You see its not a Diesel.
Its a over 500 hp 454 roller rat block with a 750 ederbrock carb mated to a Muncie SM465 4 speed and a cast iron 205 transfer case.

Front axle is the Heavy duty 3/4 ton dana 44 with a limited slip shimmed to all most a locker, this way I can still turn it LoL.
I was told by several sources, some from the military, this style was only made 1 year which saw alot of military duty as it was designed to go between the regular 44 and the dana 60.
Both axles have 373 gear ratios.

Rear axle is a 14 bolt full floater with old style Detroit locker.

military OZ Wrangler 37x12.50's and 12 bolt military hmmwv wheels with the rubber runlat/bead locks from Hutchison.
It has a 1 to 1 final drive ratio.

More images on the way.

Attachments

Last edited:

TOG 5

Some of the mod's

I have to agree about the ground, my wife pounded that into my head for years till it reached what gray matter I have

custom stuff: well the whole truck is now!

Front 12 volt 9,000 lb military Tulsa winch and the rear has a Warn 24 volt 12,000 Hmmwv winch.

24 volt military Gast 100 cfm 100 psi duel head air compressor

dash, extreme duty Stewart warner gages, Tach not installed yet

grill

bumpers

frame upgrade so the 85 would bolt on

soon to be welded nerf sliders

rebuilt heavier seat mounts using 1/4" plate, I used the original military as a template

Seats from a Jeep sport

Smitty built gear molly/pal seat covers

Hmmwv "cheese grater" pedals

24 volt solagizer

pair camlock seat belts

4 inch spring lift + 3 body lift

modified steering radius

2 E-tracks on pickup type tailgate for strapping tarps/tents/ mother in law, what ever.

Ibistek hmmwv type Spare Tire Carrier, I had to start over from scratch and I used heavier structural steel metal tube.
The tires now on the left, gas cans on the right, tire lifting arm drops well past ground level.

2- 90 amp winch type solenoids for 12 volt battery isolation

12 volt 200 amp alternator

24 volt 100 amp alternator

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks