• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now a dropside!

M215

Made a trip to Winslows to change out the bed on the M813, my needs require the truck to have a dropside bed. The change out was quick, removed the mud flaps and loosened the bed bolts before heading to John's place, everything lined up great on the new bed.

John had several beds to pick from, sand blasted, repainted and ready to install, picked the best one with tie downs. Also received a set of fiberglass side racks for the truck.

John also had some new 11x20s available too.

The M813 ran great, 400 mile round trip 2100 max RPM @ 52 MPH used approx 60 gal fuel for 6-7 MPG

Karl

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

Looks good, I was just at Warner Robins AFB and watched some airmen loading a couple of Deuce dropsides with forklifts. They had those suckers full in about 30 seconds :D

M215

11x20s

The 11:00x20 tires that John had, were they NDT's or Michelins ???? Tom
Tom,
John had NDT 11x20s, about a dozen that I saw, purchased four myself. John may have had others, but these still had the stickers on them. John mentioned he had 12x20s available also, assume these were Michelins but @ $200 each that is too much for my budget.
Karl