• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now I Don't Know if my Cab is even a Gasser Cab.

Barrman

PTO output shaft differences, pto drive shaft differences, airpack/master vent line routing, fuel line routing and fuel tanks are a few more things I thought of while heating up my lunch.

Barrman

Yep, greasable trunions, oil fill holes for the steering box and of course the different front crossmember between the Gasser and the multi.

Barrman

I forgot about those as well. My 1952 had no curved plates next to the door and running front to back so could trip over them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright here's a question, I just put a multi hood on the M48. It fits but upon closer look, the rear of the hood really doesn't match the M48 cowl. It looks like the cowl on the gasser is more round while the hood seems more flat. It causes the outside rear of the hood to be 1/2" or so higher on both sides. So my question is: Is there a difference or is my new hood bent?:roll:

Barrman

Since this thread has turned into a "What is different between the Gasser era trucks and the multi fuel trucks" thing. I thought I would put another difference I found last night here.

1971 M35A2 front brake hose at the wheel cylinders is much different and much better than the 1952 Gasser version. The A2 has a hose from the axle housing to the wheel cylinder. The Gasser has a hose from the axle housing to the hub under the boot cover. Then a small "triple S" shaped brake line to the wheel cylinder. Below are pictures of the two versions. Obviously, the one with just a hose is the A2 and the one with a hose and a line is the M35.

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

August 21st, 2009.

Dear David:

Thanks for the insight, even though my deuce is a descendent of the Studebaker
contract taken over by Kaiser Jeep (1971 M35A2Wo/W- LD465 NA Multifuel). Between you, I and the wall, I'm still waiting for your magnum opus on the G742 (M35) series trucks, Doyle light is all right, but the doorstop version's the one I'll be looking for (kinda like Bruce McCallum's "Model "T" the car that changed the world").

Thanks again for the many kindnesses,

Cheers,
Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a section in the -20 on converting the old brake hose system to the new hose system. I did the swap on my M108 and will have to do the same on the M59 (if I ever work on it)

Barrman

I have been referring to my 1964 -10,-20,-30 and the 1952 all in one manual TM-8029 or what ever the last two numbers are. I have a modern -10, and -34P but haven't felt the need to print out the other new ones until now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks