• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now look what you guys made me do!!

Lax

Mike,
I'm sorry to hear that. I heard he can be a little rough but he was great to me. I guess he can be hot and cold.

Two days after I won the auction I ran right up there to try to secure the troop top and the bows, etc.. I am worried about those things being stolen because they are somewhat easy to go by-by. I told Ken what I was hoping to do and he told me not to worry about it. He was taking some time off this week and no one and nothing was getting in or out of the DRMO yard while he was gone and he would be looking at every loadout very closely as they leave from now on to make sure people only took what they can have. After hearing that I felt much safer.

Let me know next time you go up. I hope to be able to get my truck in a few weeks after I get my EUC done. I put "Hobbiest" for most of the answers on the form because I was told that should make the process go faster. I hope so and I'll let you know. :wink:

mangus580

I didnt mean Ken.... I meant Dennis, the GL guy who handles Ft Drum. I have made a point of not going up there anymore if I know he is there.

Yeah, i knew Ken would be out this week, thats why I went up friday. Kinda glad I did too, as it was Rob's last day. (who I should add, lurks here :) )

Lax

I never met Dennis. I only know Rob and Ken and both have been very very good to me the one time I had to deal with them. I wish all the guys were like them. They have been as helpful as they can be. Now I wonder if Ken will be able to help me get a SF97? :wink:

Lax

Mike,
Do you think a letter from my attorney once I pick up my truck will get it from him? I saw some discussion about the use of an attorney and that produced a SF97 right away but I did not understand who the letter was sent to. The lady in AZ or the local guy, in this case Dennis. :?

mangus580

Both? :) I am not sure....

I am not sure if it will help much. But it certainly cant HURT! Keep in mind, being older than 1973, maybe you can get Dennis to just fill out the NYS DMV paperwork for you?

Lax

Mike,
I checked with the local DMV here in NY and she told me that I needed the SF97 or Title. End of story. :cry: So I need to get the SF97 somehow. It may not be easy but I have to find away to get the SF97 and stop letting them push us around. :x

mangus580

Check with them again, as anything 1972 and older does NOT need a title. I got the info right from their site. Look around (maybe the Ft Drum post) I have stated the info direct from their site.

Lax

Mike,
I agree and I was doing fine until I told the lady the truck was from the army. Then she told me that a government vehicle needed a SF97. :evil:

If you know of anything diffrent please let me know!!

Elwenil

You need to tell them that you bought the truck from a civilian auction company, not from the US Government. technically the SF 97 is the release from government service and ownership. Without a SF 97 a vehicle technically still is owned by the US Government and the DMV will look at it as stolen. Since all the ones on GL have SF 97 forms provided, they are not stolen, but they are provided to GL and not the end user. so you need to tell DMV you have bought it from a private seller without a title. At least that is my take on it.

Lax

Elwenil,
You have raised a great point. Whom am I buying this truck from?? GL or the fedaral government? Did GL buy this truck from the goverment or take ownership from the government before I bought from them?

Did I actually buy this truck from GL or are they simply selling it for the government? I thought they were just selling the truck for the government.

If anyone has any clue about this I would love to hear about this!! It makes a big deal and my clear up a lot of problems for us. Thanks.

mangus580

Lax said:
Elwenil,
You have raised a great point. Whom am I buying this truck from?? GL or the fedaral government? Did GL buy this truck from the goverment or take ownership from the government before I bought from them?

exactly!! GL takes ownership of all product from DRMO. GL is given said 97. If you can get the DMV paperwork signed by GL, you would be all set... no 97 needed. Your other option (it sux) would be to wait a year.... once a year has passed of you owning it, you dont need the seller to sign the paperwork, you can do so yourself.

Lax

Mike,
I do not agree. If indeed GL owns the vehicle then I do not need a SF97. The DMV said very clearly that I need an SF97 if I am buying it from the government, full stop. If I am buying it from GL (the owner?) and it is older then 1973 (which it is) I do not need a title.

Again the question is who am I buying the truck from? GL or the government??

Mike, Can you PM me your phone number? Thanks.

Lax

I agree but at some point someone will relize that I don't really own the truck even though I have had it for years or whatever. :cry:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've purchased the truck from GL. They claim to have a dealers license but I dunno. The SF97 transfers the application of title to GL and then they sell it to you. There's a long drawn out deal here but GL pays like .5% of the acqusition price up front to obtain ownership. Once the item sells, they the give the DOD a precentage of the sale price. Think it's like 80%. All of your papertrail will lead back to Government Lickquidation. I have no vested interest in this but I would love to see a class action against these sheisters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks