• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

now what??

popz76

We recently moved a couple hrs South and my buddy in our old MV club started to flat tow the M37 ..just out of town the left front brake locked up and started to smoke..that was no big deal and adjusted right there, however when he tried to drive it back to get a trailer the shiffting was all scewed up and he had to drive it in one gear home. The shift pattern is all messed up he says. it was fine and all working when I left a couple days before and he is no stranger to old MVs. I DO have the parking brake assembly off and its linkage disconnected. Where can I tell my mechanic to start looking ??

Westech

CPL
well if you did not take the drive shafts off it and drove faster the 45 MPH I bet the trans is SMOKED! the internals would have been spinning at a very fast rate and burned up... as me how I know what happens when you flat tow something with LOW gears at high speeds.....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please try to use a thread title that describes your thread.

You need a new transmission (at least) and some Technical Manuals(they may have helped you avoid this whole issue).

popz76

Like I said, it is there and I (with all the manuals) am here . Again, it was fine when I left and my buddy, who I trust, has done this more then once with no problems ..a veteran of the GL auctions ya might say! Anyway, thanks for the imput and advice about the tranny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks