• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now Where'd They Hide That Sumbitch???

archmark

I recently purchased a new Haldex ABS Electronic Control Unit (ECU), part number 364387001 for my M934 A0/1 that underwent the MWO ABS addition in 2006. For a while now the ABS warning light no longer extinguishes and burns bright all the time, so I thought that I'd start replacing parts until I found the faulty item. Last year I replaced the Haldex air dryer but that didn't solve my problem. It's my understanding that a faulty ECU can cause the ABS light to not go out, so I found a new one for $75 and went to install it today.

I found Figure 293 in TM 9-2320-272-24P-2 which shows a close up of the installation but not where on the truck this thing is hidden. I crawled around under the truck looking for it but to no avail. I figure it's hidden somewhere behind the air filter or more likely in the cab behind the center cover below the dash that the transmission shifter is attached to or...

HELP, I give up and freely admit to be of lesser intelligence than the AM General designers that put the thing together. Thanks for helping this stupid, ignorant, no nothing individual...

archmark

Glad the designer didnt design airplanes They would have put the radio under neath the WSO rear cockpit ejection seat . Every design should have to pass a "Dont put it there stupid, test "
Isn't that the damn truth. I'll take another look today and see just how easy it is to replace. I'm not thinking that it's gonna be "Plug & Play" though...

Crazyguyla

From what I understand, they out the ABS POS on the trucks because no one could properly teach Joe how to use airbrakes. Just my opinion, revert the brakes back to pre-ABS and save your sanity. The only time I ever had a 900 series 5ton brakes lockup on me was because the rear relay valve was full of corrosion and got stuck.. exhausted all the air when I applied the brakes.. nothing like having the spring brake engaging at 55 mph. Luckily,only a few trees were injured and no people. Guess peeps before me didn't think draining air tanks was important.

archmark

From what I understand, they out the ABS POS on the trucks because no one could properly teach Joe how to use airbrakes. Just my opinion, revert the brakes back to pre-ABS and save your sanity. The only time I ever had a 900 series 5ton brakes lockup on me was because the rear relay valve was full of corrosion and got stuck.. exhausted all the air when I applied the brakes.. nothing like having the spring brake engaging at 55 mph. Luckily,only a few trees were injured and no people. Guess peeps before me didn't think draining air tanks was important.
Yeah, it's amazing how many people neglect draining the air tanks on the truck, compressors, etc. There's a petcock that's usually visable and easily accessible but some think that it's use is either optional or pay per use. They're why we can't have nice things!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks