• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

np 208 rebuild

Cucvnut

its not that hard if you have a Chilton's manual and proper tools lots of people in my 4x4 club rebuild there t cases all the time.

FYI Bill the cat rocks !

Crash_AF

Even better than a Chilton's, why not download the -34 TM because it has more detailed instructions on rebuilding the T-case.

I've rebuilt a NP242 transfer case out of a Cherokee, they aren't very hard. Just take it slow and keep up with all the bolts.

Later,
Joe

southdave

figure it the weakess link in my build gone over every thing the only I havn't touch in the driveline. I going to start reading then figure out if I can handel it or not or want too either way it an education.

Crash_AF

Reading over the TM, the 208 is very similar to the 242 I did so it's not hard if you go slow and pay attention to where the thrust washers go. Do make sure you have a really good pair of snap ring pliers, both the type with pins and the flat pads because those snap rings are big and very stiff to remove. I had a cheap pin set and one of the snap rings broke the tip off. Had to go get a Craftsman set to remove it without breaking off the tips.

Later,
Joe