• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP 208 Slip Yolk Eliminator

bsalbrig

I found this kit for the 208.

http://offroadltd.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ORL208&Category_Code=CGA

It is just a a cup with a flange, you tap the output shaft and bolt it on. I am about to change my driveshafts to work with my 8" lift, am wandering if this would be something I should look into.

Side note, the lift I did used 4" springs in the rear with a ord 4" shackle flip and DIY 5" USDR shackles, I turned the shims on the springs around to shim the pinion down. The shims put the axle pinion angle very close to the transfer output. The shackle flip moves the axle forward so that with the lift I have the driveshaft yolk is only about 1/8 out from its stock positon.

1008nate

good luck, the output shaft is case hardened and without cutting the end of the shaft off to get rid of the hardening you have to take the case out and the shaft out of the case to use a lathe or something more than a drill and tap. i have done this on my trail truck but i just bought the yoke for $100 from tom woods. i just welded a grade 8 bolt to the output shaft and bolted the yoke to that. The truck get thrashed and breaks many parts but not this setup yet.

StreetbikeDepot

Say NO to the "hack and tap" kits. Get a true SYE kit, its not too hard swap the shaft out I'm running a SYE on my YJ with a double cardan slip shaft, one of the best mods I've done on it. Ofcourse with that setup (double cardan) you'll have to set your pinion angle @ -4 degree down from drive shaft centerline, instead of matching you output angles -4 degrees with a single cardan slip shaft (regular u-joints).

You always have to remember to set your pinion angle 4 to 6 degrees down (from driveshaft centerline OR transfer case angle depending on cardan type) to compensate for pinion rise when your on the throttle.