• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

np208 atf fluid

JamieM1009

Can anyone confirm exactly which atf fluid goes in the transfer case. There's 4 or 5 different atf fluids, each with a different letter after it. also exactly which fluid goes in the transmission?
thanks

cucvrus

I just bought 2 - 5 gallon buckets of Dexron VI and have been using that. it was out dated surplus. Go figure it stays in the ground 5 million years and when it comes out it is bad in 8 years. it was packaged in November 2008.

JamieM1009

Ok thanks, just order 20 litres of Dexron 3 so I have plenty for transfer and transmission . When changing the filter on the trasnsmission, is it just off with the old and on with the new then refill of is there anything specific you do? I take it you fill it from the dipstick? Can you check the level while you fill it Or do you have to have it running?

cucvrus

5 US QTS in the transfer case. The transmission I would check when it was full before you changed it and then measure approximately what you took out and put that much back in. You are going to change the filter and pan gasket on the transmission? Check the magnet inside the drain plug hole of your transfer case. It should have no parts attached. Reach in with your finger carefully. Black dirt is acceptable loose parts not so good. good Luck.

JamieM1009

Yeah just the filter, gasket and it comes with an O ring for where the filter goes on. I'll catch what comes out and try to put the same back in then start it & see how it goes. The transfer case always ran well and doesn't leak, just thought I would do some maintenance and change out the fluid.