• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP208 leak

jakwi

Hi all I seem to have a transfer case leak, It's not to bad but over a couple of months it loses a couple of quarts.

Anyway I noticed it stopped dripping, so I figured it was time to add. it took just shy of 2 quarts, meaning that the leak is somewhere around the 2.5 to 3 quart level. It seems like it's coming from the front output shaft, but I've replaced that seal twice, so ...

I read somewhere that if the vent were plugged up it could cause a slow leak.

I just crawled under it, and I can't find the vent, can someone point me in the right direction? Granted I'm at work so I just slid under the truck and looked around a bit.

thanks for the help

gaunt1969

same problem with mine. the vent is at the top of the case; I checked mine when I rebuilt it, to make shure it was clear. But I still have a slow leak at the front output shaft.

jakwi

same problem with mine. the vent is at the top of the case; I checked mine when I rebuilt it, to make shure it was clear. But I still have a slow leak at the front output shaft.
Maybe it's just something you have to live with, or maybe 3 qts is enough....

Is the vent towards the front or the rear on the top?

kenny

it might be that front output shaft front bearing is loose.

Have you grabed the CV part of your drive shaft and checked to see if it moves up and down. it should not move at all up or
down
Your seal will leak if the bearing is to loose..

Tnansfer case
OIL LEAKAGE CAUSE
1. Excessive amount of lubricant in case.
2.Vent clogged
3.Gaskets or seals leaking.
4.bearings loose or damaged. ""This is what happen to mine""
5.Drive shaft yoke mating surfaces scorned.