• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NSN for 12T cap. lunette tow bar?

papercu

That is part of the US Marine Corps Logistics Vehicle System and is towed by the Mk-48 Front Power Unit. Marine TM for it are not online as far as I know. I don't think it uses a towbar, at least not what I think of as a towbar. Good luck, Wayne

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
there is a tow bar for moving the trailers w/o the mk48. several have sold on GL in the last month or so ( I want to say at Albany GA) heavy non adjustable suckers that bolt directly to the trailer.

KsM715

Sorry there was no NSN listed for the tow bars listed on the GL auction. They were listed as scrap. I wanted to bid but had no use. One lot of 3 went for under $300 and the lot of two went for $500 and some change.

Attachments

Last edited:

HVYMTL

That is part of the US Marine Corps Logistics Vehicle System and is towed by the Mk-48 Front Power Unit. Marine TM for it are not online as far as I know. I don't think it uses a towbar, at least not what I think of as a towbar. Good luck, Wayne
You are correct, the MK-48 doesn't use a towbar when coupled to the MK17A1. I am looking for the bolt on towbar that mounts directly to the frame of the MK17A1 for movement by another MV after it's uncoupled from the MK48 power unit. Thanks for the response.:-D

HVYMTL

there is a tow bar for moving the trailers w/o the mk48. several have sold on GL in the last month or so ( I want to say at Albany GA) heavy non adjustable suckers that bolt directly to the trailer.
Yes, that is the one I am looking for. Will have to keep my eyes open. I wouldn't have thought it to be sold as scrap. Thanks for your response:-D

HVYMTL

Sorry there was no NSN listed for the tow bars listed on the GL auction. They were listed as scrap. I wanted to bid but had no use. One lot of 3 went for under $300 and the lot of two went for $500 and some change.
Yes, that is the towbar i'm looking for as displayed in your attached photos.Too bad they were sold as scrap, with no NSN. Thanks for your response.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks