• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nsn #'s

Guyfang

Staff member
Look in the back of the TM. There should be a list of part numbers, and the NSN to the right. Had you posted the TM number you are using, I could have told you what page to go to.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
another good shortcut that i use alot is CTRL+F then type in the part number

Guyfang

Staff member

I cant remember, have I ever done an explanation on how to fully utilize the parts manual? I mean, break it down so anyone reading it should be able to get the most bang for the buck out of it? If not, that might make a good sticky.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
My neighbor. KRedd. It's good to read. Mucho info. I even thanked him, but my old moth eaten brain forgot. Perhaps it's a good idea to post it as a sticky. There is so much info in the books, if you understand how to properly use them.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good pdf on explaining, but people are required to read it. I dont know if people are scared of pdf or books, but its like it goes in one ear and out the other.

Guy,
I dont think that you have ever done a post on how to read a TM, I dont mind helping people learn if they say, I dont know how to use the book, but I get a case of the red arse when they are just lazy and dont want to spend the time downloading the pdf and looking the part up.

Guyfang

Staff member
There are words, sounds and sights that will trigger a burst of colors and sensations in my head. I can feel the wind in my face, and see it all in the blink of the eye. Then it is gone, again. Yeah. I understand.

Last edited:

coachgeo

many times you can cut and past the part # into your internet search engine along with "FMTV" or other key word and you'll find the nsn in one of the items in the search results. use quotes to search for ONLY that number and not for things "close" to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks